Yesterday evening (Dutch local time) the Blenchmark addon was presented at Blendernation.com. The response to that was overwhelming to me. I never expected to have over 200 benchmarks posted, responses on blendernation.com, blenderartists.com and my own Blenchmark website and a tutorial made by a blender-user on youtube about my addon! And all of that within 6 hours after the article was posted on blendernation.com. For all of this I thank you.
While the benchmarks and messages where posted it appeared that the addon didn't work flawless (I did expect that).
- The benchmark wont run on Mac OS while using the cpu
- On Linux sometimes the wrong operating system name is given
- The addon doesn't always manage to get a OS name from the system it runs on
- I noticed sometimes there was no rendertime in the upload
- Rendering with multiple gpu's is not supported yet, but not prevented in the addon
- I noticed some uploads from the same uploader had great performance inprovements with the same card, changed settings?
- Some people thought that the disabled drivers in the scene where a bug, I have to remove those drivers from the scene
- Those charts are really messing up after adding the 200 benchmarks, time to remake them
I allready got some feature requests. Some of them:
- Add support for multiple gpu cards
- Add some extra scenes with different Blender features like fur, sss and volumes
- See more information from graphics cards
I will try to add most of them, when i see fit.
I planned to launch this addon and move on to the next addon (online cycles material library, browsable and usable from within blender). But I think that one has to wait a little longer.
For now I will try to list those requests and bugs on this site, and add a feature to add them yourselfs.